- Assalamualaikum and welcome to my e-portfolio -

This site is dedicated to students, teachers and anyone who may be interested. Life is a precious journey. We learn from the past and impact the future. Teaching connects us to all who came before and provide inroads to bringing all peoples and all cultures together with love and understanding. I hope you enjoy my e-portfolio.

5.3.09

I believe that each student needs a secure, caring, and stimulating atmosphere in which to develop and become mature in all aspects. As an educator it is my desire to help them meet their optimum potential in these areas by providing an environment that is safe and invites a sharing of ideas. To provide a persuade environment or conducive classroom, I believe teacher should act as facilitator to guide the lesson and at the same time let students’ curiosity to direct the learning.


I believe that as a educator we need to provide access to information rather than acting as the primary source of information for students. As a guide in our own lesson, let the students search for knowledge and find answers to their questions. For students to construct knowledge, they need the opportunity to discover for themselves and practice skills in certain situations. Providing students’ to hands-on activities by giving time and space to use materials that reinforce the lesson creates an opportunity for individual to discover and construct the knowledge itself. This is related to the Piaget’s constructivist learning practice.


I also believe that through open sharing of ideas it can help students to develop a deepest love and respect for themselves, others, and their environment. When the voice of each student is heard, and environment evolves where students feel free to express themselves, the students can feel they are much appreciate by their teacher. Class meetings are one way to encourage such environment. I believe students have greater respect for their teachers, their peers, and the lessons presented when they feel safe and sure of what is expected of them.


For me, teaching provides an opportunity for long-life learning and growth. I hope to bring an open mind, a positive attitude, and high expectations to the classroom each day. I believe that I owe it to my students, as well as the community, to bring consistency, diligence, and warmth to my job in the hope that I can ultimately inspire and encourage such traits in the children as well. I am such a person and will always strive to be the best educator that I can be.

 

Welcome ... Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template